1. "Hiring a veteran can be one of the best decisions any of us can make, and Wal-Mart is proud that we have hired more than 26,000 since we announced our Welcome Home Commitment on Memorial Day," Simon told Fortune. "Veterans have a strong record of performance under pressure and passion for service, which makes our pledge to hire, learn from, and support them easy."
2. The demagogue’s campaign leads naturally to despotism — the tyranny of the majority that is a mask on the tyranny of one.
5. We will promote coordinated urban development above and below the ground, and begin construction on at least another 2,000 kilometers of underground utility tunnels in cities. A three-year initiative will be launched to remove the risk of flooding in highly vulnerable urban areas; and further progress will be made in the development of sponge cities. All these efforts will make our cities more attractive and function better.
6. There are always one or two coworkers in the office that most people can't stand. But if you don't like most of your coworkers, chances are your days aren't very enjoyable because you have to work with them day in and day out. If you can't stand most of your coworkers, it's time to think about finding a company whose employees you mesh with better.
2. Fereston recalls when writer Jennifer Crittenden stopped him in the hallway after filming and asked him, 'Are you sure about this? Are you sure you're not ruining Julia Louis-Dreyfus' career?' Considering Dreyfus won an Emmy that same year, it's safe to say the dance was a good career move for the actress. And now to reminisce, here is Elaine doing her famous "Elaine Dance."
2. 对于英国广播公司文化部门来说，戛纳期间堆满了工作，而派对是少之又少。但是，影展之外的电影节给小镇描上了醉人的红色。在2013年，我们试图联系白雪香槟酒庄（Piper Heidsieck）计算电影节期间香槟的消费数量，但作为提供“官方饮品”的白雪香槟酒庄拒绝回应。不过看看克鲁瓦塞特(Croisette)大道上那些微醺的脸庞以及踉跄的步态，我们可以合理的推测香槟的消费数量十分庞大。电影节的第一周，在为马提欧?加洛尼影片《故事的故事》(Tale of Tales)举办的派对上香槟成河，狂欢者嗨至凌晨。次日早晨，英国广播公司的瑞贝卡?劳伦斯与某位明星进行访谈，询问其在采访前休息了多久。这位明星只是眯起了惺忪的眼睛，抬起了2根手指。
3. The Thomson Reuters Top 100 global innovators program identifies innovators annually through an in-depth analysis based on a series of patent-related metrics that analyze what it means to be truly innovative.
D'ALOISIO BEGAN designing iPhone apps nearly the moment the app store opened in 2008. He was 12 years old, working on a Mac in his bedroom in the London district of Wimbledon. Because he was too young, he signed up for the Apple developer's license using his father's name. He'd taken no formal computer science classes at school, and neither of his parents (Diana and Lou, a lawyer and a business executive, respectively) knew much about tech. Instead, he learned how to program almost entirely by himself, scouring websites and watching instructional videos.
8. Trang Islands, Thailand-The islands of Trang, a sleepy province in southeast Thailand, have remained under the radar. Wooden longtail boats can be rented to travel between the islands—and to see the endangered dugongs.
It's hard to imagine LOST without Jack Shephard as the group leader. Where would the show have been without him? Had the show's writers gotten their way, we would have learned the answer to that question. When the show was pitched to ABC, Jack Shephard's character was supposed to be killed after the pilot episode, and Kate was supposed to take on more of a leadership role in the series.